Where The Orange Blossoms Grow....

Hello! Welcome to the Stricklen's blog. We hope to keep our family and friends up to date with what is going on with our family. You will find a variety of experiences posted here -- you may find pictures of the never ending project of building our house, Callie helping William with his first steps, Mary studying a rare insect species, or perhaps you may be terribly bored with Molly's numerous fruit trees, berries, vegetables and rare plant pictures! Who knows what we may find Chris and CJ doing -- probably something having to do with a tractor or machine of sorts. Abby and Margaret will keep us entertained with costumes from other lands or a fairy story. Whatever we post, we trust it will lift your spirits and bring honor and glory to our Lord!

Monday, September 1, 2008

Three Summer Babies

I have begun a new tradition with my 4 daughters. I have begun taking the birthday girl out to a tea room of her choice on her birthday. Then we go to antique shops and find a special gift for her! Each one has enjoyed it so much - as have I. It has been a special time to get to know one another better and spend special time together. I was blessed to have 3 of my 4 daughters in the heat of the summer :) My favorite time of year! So we had one wonderful outing after another! Starting with Abigail Evangeline turning 12 on July 8. We will begin there....


Abigail was born on a hot July day in 1996 - She was 8 lb. 1 oz.
Absolutely beautiful!
Here she is at 1 week 2 and a half months
Mary almost 3 years ~ Abby 2 mos. ~ Callie 5 years

Abby at 6 mos. ~ What a personality!

At the Tea Room
Abigail at 12 years!
Little Wills had to tag along
Abby loves the Lord with all her heart!


Some of the lovely china

Caroline Susannah was born one hot, sunny day on July 23, 1991. Our first baby. She was 6 lbs. 14 oz. and 21 in. long. Callie and I celebrated her 17th birthday at the Lavender -n- Lace Tea Room in Lake Alfred. We had a lovely time together! Where has all the time gone?? She has grown into such a precious and godly young woman.

Spunky little Callie at 3 days
The Stricklen Family ~ Callie 1 week

Callie at 2 months



~ Callie at 9 mos. ~




At the Tea Room


Little Wills again - Learning to be a gentleman and well behaved!


Callie Sue at 17 years
On yet another HOT summer day in August of 1999, Margaret Anne Stricklen was born! All 7 pounds of her :) And so we celebrated yet again at (can you guess?) Yes! The Lavender -n- Lace Tea Room!! What fun! I treasure these sweet times with my daughters. How blessed I am!




Margaret 1 day old - 7 pounds
Margaret at 1 week




Mommy with Deeda at 4 mos.

Margaret at 6 mos.

At the Tea Room - Poor Wills

~ We had the greatest time together ~

Margaret is such a pleasure to be with because her heart

is committed to Christ.

My big 9 year old!

Little rascal brother - they were looking at butterflys together

Any one who knows Margaret knows the kind of things

she would pick out for her gift. A basket of "real looking" strawberries and 6 "real looking" eggs and a nest to boot! All for her kitchen in the playroom.

I praise the Lord for these precious young ladies God has entrusted us with. I pray by God's grace Chris and I will train them to be the virtuous women He intends them to be.

Posted by: Mama

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice post Molly. I enjoyed the comments and the pictures. They brought back many memories. I am blessed to have the four Stricklen girls as my nieces. Oh, by the way. I have not known you to exagerate Molly, but I think you went a little overboard about Abby's size or do you just remember things differently than I do.:D

Eddie

Anonymous said...

Very, very nice post Molly. I enjoyed the comments and the pictures. They brought back many memories. I am blessed to have the four Stricklen girls as my nieces. Oh, by the way. I have not known you to exagerate Molly, but I think you went a little overboard about Abby's size or do you just remember things differently than I do.:D

Eddie

Anonymous said...

1 comment 2 comments 3 comments 4. How many comments will you get more. Every one likes comments on their blog but alas, I have probably caused much disapointment. Only 2 comments not 3. This comment would not exist had it not been for the duplicate comment sneaking it's way in. So, take that into account and you really have only 1 comment at this time since this post is only to explain that I posted only 1 comment - the second comment jumped in some how.:O Just ignore the second comment and this comment and then everything will be as it should be.(???) Delete, delete.

Eddie

The Miller Family said...

I always enjoy so much looking back at old pictures! It brings back wonderful memories. I of course love the new pictures as well! It looks like you all have had a very enjoyable last couple of weeks celebrating at the tea room! Happy Birthday sweet nieces!

Love,
Aunt Katie

Sarah said...

(To be put under the 'Testimonies' section.)
Thank you so much! This week's household tip has saved me hours of senseless scrubbing and wiping. Before, I dispared of ever having clean windows and mirrors. They just would not come clean! Then I discovered your tip, and it was like the sun shone again! You made all the difference. Thank you! -A Grateful Reader-


I just had to write that. ;-)
Actually Mary, that tea works great! Thanks.
That post was lovely Aunt Molly!
Happy Birthday ya'll. :-)
Love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Well I guess my age has finally caught up with me. My eyesight is failing me. I am squinting but I can no longer see clearly. Things look real blurry. Let me find my glasses. The bi-focals. The progressive bifocals without the line. The ones I paid $300.00 for, that are all scratched up. Oh, here they are. I found them. No wait, I was mistaken. There is a lens missing so I should say I found "it". I am placing it atop my nose. I see funny. Lets try it with one eye closed. No, the other one. That’s better. Lets see. Yes, it says "8 lbs.-1 oz". I feel real silly about my previous (1st) post. All this time I thought I read yesterday that Abby was born 8'-1". 50 feels so old when your eye's play tricks on you. (Or is it my sister-in-law or one of my nieces?)

Eddie

Kelly said...

Thanks for sharing Molly. What a wonderful tradition.

Kelly