Where The Orange Blossoms Grow....

Hello! Welcome to the Stricklen's blog. We hope to keep our family and friends up to date with what is going on with our family. You will find a variety of experiences posted here -- you may find pictures of the never ending project of building our house, Callie helping William with his first steps, Mary studying a rare insect species, or perhaps you may be terribly bored with Molly's numerous fruit trees, berries, vegetables and rare plant pictures! Who knows what we may find Chris and CJ doing -- probably something having to do with a tractor or machine of sorts. Abby and Margaret will keep us entertained with costumes from other lands or a fairy story. Whatever we post, we trust it will lift your spirits and bring honor and glory to our Lord!

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Trip to "Arkasouri"

A couple of weeks ago, Granddaddy and Grandmother graciously let Callie, Margaret and I hitch a ride with them to "Arkasouri." We visited the Millers, saw the property, and had a great time with Uncle Jay, Aunt Ashley, and Savannah! I figured I'd better post this trip before I have so many other things to post about that I don't ever put this one up:) I hope y'all enjoy the pictures! (I should warn you that a vast majority of them are boring scenic pictures that I just "had" to take, so bear with me and I'll try not to bore you to tears!):):)


 The trip begins, and Margaret diligently starts on her schoolwork:)
 
A good book is always appreciated on a long trip:)
 
Our faithful chauffeur, once again accompanied by an RV full of girls!
 

  We're gettin close, y'all!


 Lovely trees!!!

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Starting to see some lovely fall colors, something you don't find in sunny FL!


We're almost there!!!


 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Scenery........What did I tell you.......?

Scenery.......

........and more scenery! But it's lovely, is it not??

Scenery......(About to enter the property.....)


We finally made it, and were warmly greeted by Uncle Jay, Aunt Ashley, and especially a very excited Savannah!! She is so cute:) 


Andrew was staying the night with U. Jay and A. Ashley, so we got to spend a few days with him!

 

 Margaret and Savannah were best buddies while we were up there. Savannah calls Margaret "Marga-let":)

A few remaining wildflowers


 Margaret and Andrew had alot of fun together:)


 
 She loves her kitty, "Mittens," or "M&M's," which ever she decides at the moment:):)

Well, I'll put some more pictures up later......I have a plenty of em!!! Thank y'all for stopping by!
~Mary Noelle~


6 comments:

The Miller Family said...

What a nice post! I liked the picture of Andrew and Margaret on the tree. The picture of Andrew alone on the tree looked like he was some wild tree boy from the hills of Arkansas who had never seen electricity or indoor plumbing!

Love,
Wierd Aunt Katie

Pollock Family said...

Loved the post and the beautiful scenery. The pic of Savannah and her dog is precious. The one of Granddaddy and Margaret flyin on the 4-wheeler was great, too. We also like the one of Andrew and Margaret on the tree. We could go on and on, but let's just say we enjoyed the post. Glad you had a great time with your family.

BTW, Katie, your comment was hilarious. Had us all laughing. We love you Andrew and no, you're not the wild tree boy from Arkansas :).

Love y'all,
Mrs. P

Bonnie said...

See, I knew you would have wonderful pictures, Mary! It was quite a nice trip, wasn't it, and your pictures showed the widely varying temperatures while we were there! Dressed for the Arctic one day, and barefoot the next! (Although some children I know would be barefoot at the Arctic!)

Love, Grandmother

The Dischers said...

Finally delinquent Aunt Beth gets around to commenting :)

Lovely, lovely pictures! The one with the cowboy hat on the dash was wonderful.You have such a good eye, Mary.

I also loved the one of Marga-let and Grandaddy on the 4-wheeler. Grandaddy loves to have fun with his grandchildren and it sure shows in that picture!

I also liked the ones one little 'Vanna with her pets.

Love you!
Aunt Beth

Franklin Family said...

Great post, Mary. You are quite the photographer. My favorite scenery picture was of the rolling hills. I'm glad you were able to catch the autumn colors while you were there.
Love,
Mrs. Franklin

Kitty said...

As always, I enjoyed the most Mary!!! :) :) You made me miss the farm! :( I can't wait til Christmas!!! :) :)

Love,
~Kitty~
<3